Saturday, February 12, 2005

WoW: Not so wow

After much page refreshing and entering and re-entering of personal information and my product key I finally managed to create my World of Warcraft account and log on instantly for a game. I initially choose to be a Night Elf Druid with Dr. Jonathan Chase (Manimal) shape shifting abilities but after about 5 minutes of this I decided being undead would be better, especially given that they can eat the flesh of their defeated foes. I scrapped my Elf and created myself an Undead Warlock and within a few minutes of connecting I found myself in a party with three other people I know from the uk.games.video.misc newsgroup who had also coincidentally decided to have undead characters too.

Now the game looks great, is easy to play, and it was nice to know some other players, but it still hasn't grabbed me yet, not in the way that City of Heroes did from the off last year (probably because wearing tights = best). I will have to go against my usual practices and take a look at the manual tomorrow before giving it a proper go later on. Hopefully it'll be a steady grower. If not then I'll just see the initial free month out and then cancel my account.

No comments: