Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The woe of WoW

Great session on World of Warcraft last night followed by another great session this afternoon but with a few more glitches and lag than usual. Fun all the same though.

Until it crashed.

And when I reconnected I had lost all the progress from the previous session. Normally if there is a crash (which was rare for me until today) you continue from the point you crashed.

I carried on playing again redoing all that I had done before and after a short time decided to log off so as to save my progress before logging back on straight away and continuing. Except it wouldn't let me log off. Or Exit Game. I had to use the old-fashioned Alt-F4 technique.

Anyway, I quit and so with my progress was saved I logged back on and carrying on about my business. This time the server seemed great so I carried on playing and forgot about the earlier troubles as I got more and more involved in killing Greater Dustbats for leather hides to make some armour. I think you can guess what came next. Yes, another crash. I assume I've lost my progress again but I can't actually tell as the game will not let me back in at all now.

I'm sulking right now.

A major sulk at that.

No comments: