Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fahrenheit

I've gone off gaming (again). As the blog title and occasional absences in my posting here suggest, it's a semi-regular event. My progress in Fahrenheit is suffering as a result.

The game is stylish and has an intriguing plot, but I seem unable to overlook the negatives at the moment, such as the tedious and mundane everyday tasks the characters need to perform, the trial and error, repeat until you get it right sections, the less than instinctive right thumb stick action selection, the over-reliance of Track and Field style use of the left and right triggers (less than ideal on the Xbox pad especially), and awkward camera angles employed in more 'cimematic' parts of the game.

Normally I would be enthused enough that I would overlook all these niggles but given my current disinterest in gaming in general I can't. I've booted the game up about four times since I started, more as a chore than because I'm hooked and felt myself compelled to continue.

I managed to play for around fourty-five minutes this morning, a session which featured a now seemingly prerequisite stealth section, and another Track and Field style exercise workout for the two detectives, Carla and Tyler.

No comments: