Sunday, January 30, 2005

Zoo Keeper completed with crapness

I suprisingly (as I assumed it continued infinitely rather than ending after only 20 levels) completed the normal mode yesterday but still only reached number eight on the high score table with meagre 503220. I've also only reached number eight on the Time Attack table with 291880, and number seven on the Tokoton mode table with 1028430. As for Quest mode, don't even ask.

I'm either a very, very poor player or the developers have been too harsh with the preset high scores. I dislike it when the default high scores in games make it difficult for me to make a decent dent in the table. An empty or low scoring table would be much better as I'd rather compete against my own previous scores than way too high preset ones.

Also, aarrrggghhhhh!!!! Zoo Keeper doesn't support the DS sleep mode. I didn't realise that this truly fantastic feature was game dependent, and just hope that Zoo Keeper is a rare exception for neglecting it.

3 comments:

deKay said...

I'm at 5th in all bar the quest mode. The trick to a high score (on Zoo Keeper mode at least), is not to go up levels so quickly. Do it at first, but when you're on level 15 or so, don't finish the level. That way, you can keep racking up points without finishing the game inadvertently.

Quest Mode == Clearly Impossible.

Steve Jackson said...

Thanks for the pointers. That is the exact technique I was using but I was trying to do it from the start and it can be quite tricky not to mistakenly clear a level when you have so few animals to catch. With the time going so fast on the later levels I didn't find myself having the time to consider moves and purposely hold back from clearing the level and just frantically made the first moves I saw instead.

I will improve over time no doubt.

Brandon said...

the european cartridges support sleep mode. i have one and it's great. sold off my US version cuz i couldn't do without it.