Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Failure

ARRRGGGHHHH!

So much for the new year and my new game completing promise yet again, although it normally lasts until February at least. Last year I managed to complete The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time before I gave up.

As I mentioned previously I have been trying to work myself through Vampire Bloodline for the PC and Mr Driller on the Nintendo DS. Well I haven't been on Mr Driller in days, and I've progressed a little in Vampire but I'm bored of it now and not my usual I-have-the-attention-of-a-goldfish bored either unfortunately. The game itself has become boring after such an excellent begininng and I'm doubting if I will ever complete it now because it has become such a chore.

It gets worse. Part of my promise to complete games was to also try and limit myself to only a couple of titles at a time. Hmmm, so much for that. For some unknown reason, don't ask me why, I decided to restart Pikmin yesterday, around two years after I last played and gave up, getting almost a third of the way through the game in one sitting before getting bored again. I've also being accepted to take part in the MMORPG City of Heroes Euro beta test, a game which I lost several hundred hours to on the US version last year. On top of all this I had an email from Video Games Plus to say my copy of Resident Evil 4 has shipped and I don't see how I will be able to resist firing that one straight up.

Me = complete failure.

No comments: