Sunday, July 31, 2005

Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich Woes

Having not played any games all week, and looking for something new to play after God of War I installed the game Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich on my PC earlier with no apparent problems, but when I tried to start the game I got the hourglass mouse cursor for a few seconds before it disappeared and then *nothing* else happened. Whilst there was nothing for the game listed under applications in the Windows Task Manager I could see the program ffvt3r.exe running under processes. When I tried to run the game again I just opened up further instances of the same process.

Being unable to play this I decided to reinstall the original Freedom Force again instead, having previously only played about four levels of it a couple of years back before giving up. Hopefully I can do better this time and complete the game, and find a solution to running the sequel on my system in the meantime.

No comments: