Saturday, July 23, 2005

I am God of War

A nice afternoon’s gaming playing God of War. After some near joypad throwing fits of anger at my own initial inability to beat some of the environmental challenges by God of War I eventually managed to get Pandora’s Box, the magical weapon needed to kill Ares, the God of War. Excellent, time to kick the crap out of him.

Except as I was on my way back to Athens with Pandora’s Box there was a cutscene in which Ares suddenly realising what I had done swiftly killed me, leading to the level I think proved hardest for me, in which I had to escape from the depths of Hades and make it back to the living world for the final showdown with him.

Of course I made it back and a mammoth battle with Ares eventually proved that I was the best and he was just a great big puff. My reward was to take his place in Olympus as the new God of War and the game ended with a pleasing “Kratos will return.” I look forward to it.

No comments: