As the lack of recent entries shows my blog has been ignored, again. I have started / resumed several games since I completed Fable, too many possibly to give any of them proper focus I think. Hopefully I will be able to complete at least one of them though.
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
I picked this up for a bargainous £9.99 new from Gamestation the day after I finished Fable. I wasn't a big fan of Doom 3 itself which I barely played and quickly eBayed, but I'd read that this was supposed to be a more straight-forward shooter and quite short too (which is always a plus with my attention span) with around 8-10 hours of gameplay. Initially I did quite well, progressing a good couple of hours into the game, finding it to be simple, pretty much straight forward fun. Why then have I not played this for over a week now and feel little inclination to return?
Wario Ware Twisted! (GBA)
Fun to play, and hardly challenging, yet this had been unplayed since around March, until this week when I rediscovered my GBA completing the Dr Crygor and WarioWatch levels, with only another four left now until completion.
Civilization IV (PC)
I love the Civilization series, even the last one which for some reason is considered by many to be something of a misstep for the series. This latest effort dropped through my letterbox last week for a very pleasing £17.99 from Play. This has had some heavy play with two space race victories under my belt already as well as a couple of failed quests for global conquest. As this is a game for repeat play and not something you 'complete' as such it won't be joining my completed gamed list, but will still probably command the most of my game play time between now and the end of the year.
Freedom Force (PC)
Another game that, like Wario Ware Twisted!, I should have completed a long time a go. I was thoroughly enjoying this combination of a turn-based and real time superhero strategy game, progressed really far into it, and then for some unknown reason stopped playing. A couple of days ago I decided that I *must* continue until the end so I booted it up, watched the mission briefing, still didn't really remember my progress so far, proceeded into the current level regardless, and then it froze, so I reset my PC and buried the FF disk at the bottom of my game pile in protest.
The Movies (PC)
I wasn't bothered about this at all until Tuesday when I suddenly *needed* it. A quick visit to the Game website later ensured I had this pop through my letterbox on Thursday. My biggest fear with games like this is that I find it near impossible to play properly, going straight for the sandbox mode, or entering an infinite money cheat or something, and just pissing about for a short time before getting rapidly bored. However I did manage to start a proper game of this and have so far progressed through about nine game years, slowly building a nice studio lot, creating a handful of prima donna actors and an alcoholic director, releasing several cheesy low budget movies and totally bombing out at the games first movie awards ceremony. Excellent.
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment